Although this recipe uses a lot of ingredients, it’s easy to throw together and incredibly delicious. It’s sweet, spicy, and tangy. What’s more, the leftover are perfect hot or cold. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd. Just serve on a atop a bed of creamy coconut ginger rice and you’re in business.
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup gluten free soy sauce/tamari
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- Finely chopped cilantro for garnish
- Finely chopped scallions for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large baking dish, combine the tofu, tomato sauce, orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, roasted sesame oil, hot sauce, red onion, and bell peppers.
Bake at 350F for one hour then serve with rice and a sprinkle of chopped scallions and cilantro.